“I never want to be bored!” I blurted out to my Mom from the backseat of the car when I was 7. Perhaps we’d just finished a long “boring” drive, but since then I’ve honored that proclamation by feeding my creative spirit, stepping into challenges and risks in the pursuit of adventure, personal growth and fun! Believe me, there are a symphony of inner critics wanting to orchestrate my life and keep me in the comfort zone, but I don’t let them run the show.
Here’s how it goes:
- Move to NYC? You’re out of your mind! I packed my car and drove to the city with no job, no apartment, no friends. Just a big dream of being an A & R music executive.
- Can’t get a job in the music business. Get mad or get creative? I started my own online magazine and interviewed and photographed rock stars.
- Go to Thailand by myself? You can’t do that! I bought a ticket, packed my bag and flew halfway around the world. I stayed for 6 months.
- Can’t find a boyfriend in New York City. Get upset or get creative? I started a singles dinner club and met a boyfriend.
- Public speaking? I’d rather die. I spoke on a blogging panel in front of hundreds of people.
- Take a storytelling class? Laugh in your face! I told the most vulnerable story I could think of in front of loved ones and strangers.
- Sing with a rock band live in front of an audience? Yeah, right! I did it for the giggly teenager inside who wanted to be the tambourinist in Duran Duran (and Simon Le Bon’s girlfriend!)
Besides making friends with my inner critics, I’m a small town girl from Simsbury, Connecticut who took a stand early in life to ‘never be bored’. I earned a B. A. in Arts Administration & Theatre from Catawba College in North Carolina and have traveled all over the world!
Professionally, I have 20 years of experience in all facets of the entertainment business. My experience covers TV production on Dawson’s Creek, creative at BBDO Advertising, ringtone production and marketing for TVT Records, product development at Acotel Interactive and several entrepreneurial ventures. Today, I’m passionate about making a difference in the world as a Certified Professional Life Coach, empowering clients to get out of their comfort zone and to step into bold living.
I’m also in love with being a visual artist and the Founder of Inspirality, meditative and transformational art workshops for busy professional adults. No boredom here, this is the work that makes my heart sing!