Now that you’ve looked back and reflected on your big wins, disappointments and have thought about what you want to do different this year, it’s time to get creative and start to build your big vision.
This fun, creative process allows you let go of being strategic and organized while your creative and dreamy side comes out to play. Strategy, planning and goal setting comes at the end. For now, turn on some inspiring tunes, light some candles, and get out your journal, pens, markers, magazines, glue and anything else you need to be creative and in the flow.
7 Steps To Create Your Big Vision for 2018
- Make a gratitude list: Make a list of what you’re grateful for and share it out loud to a loved one or heck, social media or looking at yourself in the mirror. When we express gratitude, we invite more of that into our lives (The Law of Attraction concept).
- Free write: about what you want in 2018 in your relationships, family, business, health, lifestyle, personal growth and so on. If you’re having a hard time, write about what you don’t want (this informs what you do want).
- Visualize: Connect with your Powerful Self and get insight and inspiration and get a glimpse into your future.
- Create your BIG Vision: what’s the essence from your free writing exercise? Can you sum it up in a a few words, for example, “2018 is the year of abundance and adventure!”
- Connect to your WHY: What lies behind what you want? Why do you want it? If it’s more money – what does money mean to you? More freedom, travel, providing for your family, accomplishment, etc. Get to the heart of your why and connect to it.
- Create a visionboard: roll up your sleeves and get creative and crafty. Use the information gathered from above and visually lay out your goals, dreams and desires.
- Make a plan: Look at your vision board and figure out a few baby steps you can take for each item on it. If you have a picture of a beautiful beach location and this signifies a girls trip – what baby step can you take to make that into a reality? It might be to put away $50 per week, buy a new suitcase or go to a book store and look at different travel books.
What are your goals for the New Year? What dreams and plans do you want to see happen for you personally, for your career, business, your family, your friends, for the world even? When it just lives in our head, thats where it lives. Be bold and put it out there to the world. Leave a comment below, share it in the Trailblazer group or email me directly: email@example.com.