“You are a powerful creator, sometimes you forget and just need to be reminded.” –– Kori
“I never want to be bored!” I blurted out to my Mom from the backseat of the car when I was 7. Since then I’ve honored that proclamation. I have continuously fueled my creative spirit by stepping into challenges and risks in the pursuit of adventure, personal growth and fun! Believe me, there are a symphony of inner voices wanting to orchestrate my life and keep me in the comfort zone, but I don’t let them run the show — I own the baton.
Here’s a few things you’ll learn about me while sipping your favorite beverage:
- When I was 27 I wanted to get into the music industry. I had no contacts and no idea what I was doing, but this little beach bum packed up my car and drove from Wilmington, NC to New York City with no job, no apartment, and no friends. Just a big dream of being an A&R music girl.
- I couldn’t get a job in the music industry so instead of getting mad I got creative. I started my own online magazine called Its Random and interviewed and photographed famous rock stars – like Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots, Peanut from 311 (not to name drop or anything!) which helped me finally land my dream job at TVT Records.
- Go to Thailand by myself? You can’t do that! I bought a ticket, packed my bag and flew halfway around the world. I got trained to teach English and taught English to Thai children and adults and stayed for 6 months.
- Can’t find a boyfriend in New York City. Get upset or get creative? I started an LLC called Feast For Eight, curating dinner parties for singles to connect over a nice meal in a cool restaurant. And that’s how I met a boyfriend.
- Public speaking? I’d rather die. I got invited to speak at BlogWorld about my work in the ever evolving digital music space – I got up on stage and spoke in front of hundreds of people and didn’t die.
- Sing with a rock band live in front of an audience? Yeah, right! I did it for the giggly teenager inside who wanted to be the backup singer in Duran Duran (and Simon Le Bon’s girlfriend!)
Besides making friends with my inner critics, I’m a small town girl from Simsbury, Connecticut who took a stand early in life to ‘never be bored’. I earned a B. A. in Arts Administration & Theatre from Catawba College in North Carolina and have traveled all over the world in search of the next adventure!
Professionally, I have 20+ years of experience in all facets of the entertainment business. My experience covers TV and movie production, landing my first paying gig on Dawson’s Creek, worked as a Executive Creative Assistant at BBDO Advertising working on accounts like Pepsi, Frito Lay and GE, moved onto TVT Records and was pinned the “Ringtone Girl”, ventured into product development and marketing at Acotel Interactive making a suite of educational gaming apps for children and have had several entrepreneurial ventures. I’m also a visual artist and the Founder of Inspirality, where I get to live my purpose and create and lead transformational art experiences for busy professional adults, like you!.
No boredom here, this is the work that makes my heart sing. My inner 7 year old self if very proud!