12/27/2021 by Kori Burkholder
12 Nuggets Of Encouragement To Embrace a Fresh New Year
A new year brings new goals, energy, ambitions, and excitement.
Statistics show that of the 41% of Americans who make New Year's resolutions, by the end of the year only 9% feel they are successful in keeping them. So as the year progresses, our energy may wane as there may be some unexpected obstacles, twists, and turns along the way.
I hate to be the one who bears this news, but achieving dreams isn't always going to be smooth sailing. And who would want that anyway? It's about the guts it takes to say yes to yourself, the consistency in pursuing the dream, challenging yourself and what you will overcome along the way.
Be a part of 9% club that pursues what matters most to you and see it through to completion. And if you hit a few bumps along the way...
Here are 12 nuggets of encouragement as you embark on a fresh new year:
- Write your dream down in pen, but the plan in pencil, because life is filled with unexpected surprises, and being agile, is key.
- Trust the process no matter how it's looking. There are always lessons to learn and integrate so you can move on.
- Continue to be of service to others in your own unique way because ultimately that's what drives and motivates you.
- Look for signs that it's working out and the synchronicities and magic that are happening all around you. Stop for a minute to appreciate it.
- Don't allow frustration to overwhelm or stop you. Find another way. Try something different. Bang on a new door.
- Acknowledge and record your wins no matter how big or small. This act alone creates more opportunities for the next win to come into your life.
- Find fun along the way. Make up things to laugh about. Feeling joy releases pressure and stress.
- Surround yourself with others who have good energy. Ones who are driven to succeed. That will rub off on you.
- Taking consistent action is key to keeping the momentum. One small action is better than zero action.
- Put together your empowerment team. Find a mentor, coach, therapist, whoever you need to succeed and feel supported. No one ever succeeds alone.
- Make time for your passions, hobbies, exercise, downtime, rest when needed. You've got to fill your cup first - otherwise, you have nothing left to give.
- Believe in yourself and that your dreams will come to be, but you must practice patience and repeat steps 1 - 11.
If 2022 is the year you'd like to make a career change into something that is going to excite you, decide confidently to pursue it, burn the boats, make a solid plan to get you there and keep these nuggets of encouragement somewhere you can see them to keep you inspired.
Download and print the 12 Nuggets Of Encouragement For a Fresh New Year and hang it up somewhere you can see it!
Here's to a bright and successful 2022. May all of your dreams come true.
And, whenever you’re ready... here are 4 ways we can help you get unstuck and grow your purpose-driven career:
P.S And, whenever you’re ready... here are 4 ways we can help you get unstuck and grow your purpose driven career:
1. Watch a free Masterclass: Clarify the fastest path to land a more fulfilling and purposeful career & beyond. Identify any limiting beliefs and self-sabotage patterns so that you start creating an inspiring vision of your future dream career plus learn how to implement the 4-step game plan our clients are using to create a career that they actually look forward to every day and a solid plan to achieve it. Watch the free Masterclass right here: https://bit.ly/purposedrivencareersmasterclasssignup
2. Download my “Purpose Driven Career Quiz” workbook if you're struggling to figure out what you want to do next career-wise, then download my new workbook "Purpose Driven Career Quiz" to see just how far (or how close!) you are to landing a purpose driven career! https://bit.ly/PurposeDrivenCareerQuiz1
3. Join our FREE Purpose Driven Careers Facebook Group and connect with other driven professionals who are learning how to make the impact, earn the income, and create the freedom they desire in their life and career: https://www.facebook.com/groups/purposedrivencareers
4. Work with me privately: If you’d like to work directly with me to build a career of your dreams... just schedule your complimentary Career Strategy Breakthrough Call with me so we can clarify your fastest path to finding and landing your dream role and create a strategy for you to make it happen... Apply for your FREE call with me here: https://bit.ly/purposedrivenbrainstormcall