“You are a powerful creator, sometimes you forget and just need to be reminded.” –– Kori
“I never want to be bored!” I blurted out to my Mom from the backseat of the car when I was 7.
This was my promise, my north star, and something I have never let myself live down.
Believe me, there is a symphony of inner voices wanting to orchestrate my life but I don’t let them run the show.
Hi! I am Kori, I am a Career Coach who Finds Dynamic Solutions. Or Better Yet, I Create Them.
In my 20+ year career, I have switched careers 8 times. Indecisive? Nope. I just learned to pivot when something no longer served me. Did I second-guess myself each time? You bet. I would get stuck in cyclical mind loops wondering aloud “I don’t know what to do with my life!”
Until I finally found a system that worked. And that’s exactly what I am here to share with you.
I’ll Keep it Short:
- Wilmington, NC to New York City with no job, no apartment, and no friends.
- Shocker, I couldn’t get a job in the music industry. So, I made one.
- It’s Random, an online that gave me the chance to interview and photograph famous rock stars.
- I’ll name drop because you asked. Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots, Peanut from 311, Eminem.
- This side hustle landed me my dream job at TVT Records.
- I booked a one-way ticket to Thailand by myself and taught English for 6 months.
- Started an LLC called Feast For Eight, curating dinner parties for singles to connect over a nice meal in a cool restaurant. I met a boyfriend AND made money!
- I got invited to speak at BlogWorld about my work in the ever evolving digital music space, got up on stage and spoke in front of hundreds of people and didn’t die. It opened up new career opportunities for more visibility in my field.
Professionally, I have 20+ years of experience in all facets of the entertainment business. But I’m not the type to wear business attire. My work experience covers TV and movie production, which landed me my first paying gig on Dawson’s Creek. I worked as an Executive Creative Assistant at BBDO Advertising working on accounts like Pepsi, moved onto TVT Records, and was pinned as the “Ringtone Girl”, ventured into product development and marketing making educational gaming apps for children.
Let me guess.
You hate going to work. Your anxiety and depression spill into your personal life and you have no energy left over for friends, significant others, and your passions. One good day has you thinking, "maybe it's not so bad.” until the next bad day the cycle begins again.
Stop dreading Mondays! This isn’t Groundhog Day. You can break out of that ridiculous “I hate my job, I will research a new one.” cycle. Oh wait, I can’t do that, so I’ll be in a sad cycle again.
There is an easy fix. A Career Coach!
How to find a career coach? Honey! You found one!
Career Coaching Service? Alright, What Does That Look Like?
It means no more wasting your talents at a job you don’t like. It means no more endless scrolling through Linkedin for more of the same and having the confidence to ask for what you want in work and in life. I help you align your skillset with your personal goals and passions so that your professional life is one you are proud of. Let’s get you a clear and concise vision of the person you want to be and employ my fool-proof success plan to get there.
Career Coach Near Me? Look no further, you’ve found her!
Check out my new Purpose-Driven Career Accelerator Program available now and book a no obligation 15 minute brainstorming session with me to work out if or how I can help you!
Career Coach Packages Available!
Career Coaching Questions? Let Me Hear ‘Em.